JR Fabs Have Manufactured Made-To-Measure, Legally Compliant Fire Escapes for the Public & Private Sector for Over 30 Years
(With regards to costs – being a specialised workshop in the North of England, we can probably produce your stairs at a substantial price discount to alternative suppliers so please feel free to contact us for a free, no obligation quote, or just for free help and advice.)
Legal Requirements For Fire Escapes:
All fire escapes MUST comply with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, which states that it is necessary to ensure, so far as is reasonably practical, that actions have been taken to safeguard people within the premises, whether it’s a school, block of flats, hotel, leisure centre, domestic or commercial property, night club, etc. – basically anywhere!
Your Fire Escape must also meet the strict legislation laid out in Part K of the building regulations.
For example, it is essential that an external fire escape stairway cannot be compromised by smoke or flames issuing from doors, windows, or other openings.
The exit route from the foot of the fire escape to a final safe space should be unobstructed and free from obstacles which even include plants and vegetation, and depending on your situation it may even be necessary to provide emergency lighting along the whole of the escape route and even protection against the weather.
For these reasons when you’re planning a fire escape it’s absolutely essential that you get every single aspect right, your fire escape must be safe, fit for purpose and comply with all legislation and building regulations and this is where JR Fabs can help you.
Whether you need a single flight domestic fire escape or a multi floored fire escape staircase, we can help you with the design, build, and installation – all of which take careful planning and precision engineering – and all of which JR Fabs can assist you with, whether it’s an internal fire escape, external fire escape or an enclosed fire escape.
We are just a phone call away to help with your needs on 01535 523096 or you can email us on email@example.com, or use our contact form here.
What You Get With a JR Fabs Fire Escape
ALL JR Fabs Fire Escapes:
- Are manufactured to provide easy and safe escape route
- Use materials ranging from solid steel to Durbar plate or expanded metal mesh
- Offer a simple and cost effective solution to the issues with meeting government legislation
- Conform to building regulations
- Are galvanised to BS 1461 (if required)
- Are Powder coated (any RAL option available)
- We can also offer:
- Design, including CAD drawings
- Structural Calculations
- Planning Permission Applications
- All fire escape stairs are manufactured to British Standards and loadings
- Various materials, balustrade and tread combinations available to meet different applications
- 3D drawings & calculations provided
- Site surveys and technical visits can be carried out if required
Whenever you are ready our engineers can visit your site to assess the proposed fire escape location and help you with the relevant steps outlined above.
Once you have given us the go ahead to manufacture your fire escape, then we will produce 3D designs that match your needs and will ensure a legally compliant, safe, and long lasting staircase is produced for you.
The Fire Escape Planning Process
- First speak to your Local authority to discover what you can construct under the ‘provisions of the building regulations’ which covers fire safety in ALL new or altered buildings
- Get planning permission (if needed) – your local authority will advise you whether planning permission is necessary for your fire escape, if it is needed then you will need to obtain the relevant permissions to construct your fire escape
- Speak with a Structural Engineer to facilitate every legal and local requirement (like the foundations, fixing, and metallic requirements) with regards to the design and construction of your fire escapes
- Organise the manufacture of your fire escapes – once you have satisfied all of the legislative and planning related requirements of your local authority, and your structural engineer has given you the green light, and then you can give us the green light to begin the manufacture of your fire escape/s. We will of course keep a close line of communication open with your local authorities, structural engineers, surveyors, architects, and fire authorities for you.
If you have already gone through the necessary stages above and have your drawings ready, then we can simply manufacture and fix a staircase or fire escape as per your designs.
Your fire escape stairs can be completed with any of the ranges of balustrade options that you like, as well as variable tread options (finished or coated in the way that you want) to suit either indoor or outdoor locations, and designed to suit any and all weather conditions.
Please Feel Free to Contact Us With Any Questions or Queries That You Have
We’ll be more than happy to help you with any questions or worries that you have, plus of course we’re happy to discuss all of your options and possibilities in depth.
Simply call us at our workshop on 01535 523096, or email us here and one of our craftsmen will answer all of your questions with, of course, no obligation whatsoever.
And please don’t worry, we’re not a sales desk or call center – we’re a workshop of professional craftsmen, not salesmen.